Articles: The Kruger National Park ...
Perfect African Sunset Photos at Shingwedzi Bridge in Kruger National Park
Shingwedzi is an important Kruger Park river and has a camp also named after it. This Kruger rest camp 71 kms south east of Punda Maria, is situated on the banks of the Shingwedzi river (Shingwedzi is a derivation of the word "ngwetse" which is a Tsonga words that means the noise of metal objects rubbing together)
I am not a photographer but like many people like to take photographs. One of the best spots I've seen for taking Kruger Park sunset and sunrise photographs is from the bridge crossing the Shingwedzi. Here are the reasons ...
- The Shingwedzi bridge is only 3 kms from the Shingwedzi camp so that it is not too far away from camp that prevents you making the gate closing time which is always just after sunset. You can also catch the sunrise because the gates open shortly before sunrise.
- The bridge runs almost direct North to South meaning you can get a shot from the bridge any time of year even though the sun is moving from south to north of west and vice versa for much of the year.
- The Shingwedzi bridge is one of those bridges in the Kruger Park where you can get out of your car (so long as you stay between the specially painted yellow lines).
- There are almost always birds and or animals in the vicinity that you can use to add interest to your photo of an African sunset or sunrise.
- Water in the river allows you to get nice reflection shots as you can see in this image here.
In short if you want a great photographic experience as well as complete enjoyment of wild Africa at its best then head for Shingwedzi in the northern region of the Kruger National Park.